Pursuing What Matters Most will be a Lenten Journey for the whole Church.
Why? Well, we live in a world where are often flooded with busyness, distractions, just plain exhaustion. When we are like this we often can't come up for to look and see what are really the most important things for us as believers. Traditionally Lent has been a time for slowing down and evaluation in the life of a believer. Just as Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to pray, fast, and seek God's will, we will also spend time corporately and individually.
How? Here are a few of the activities we will do:
- A Shrove Tuesday (Fat Tuesday) Pancake shared meal on Tuesday February 28th 6:00 P.M.
- The Church will be open with prayer stations on Ash Wednesday from 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. for personal prayer and meditation.
- A corporate prayer, worship, and testimony night during Lent.
- Sunday Gatherings will be geared to encourage us in prayer and Lenten seeking of Christ. They will challenge us to strip off the cultural misgivings that steal our time and passion toward Jesus.
- We will read Tozer's The Pursuit of God. Many DNA groups will use this as their reading. (Please Sign up to get a copy ordered in the Foyer $8)
- Sunday fellowship is encouraged in the Body.
- Good Friday services
- Easter Services
When? From Ash Wednesday (March 1) - Easter (April 16th)